This project is read-only.

I have a problem with guild names with spaces...

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:11 AM
I'm currently using C#/WPF to create an application to help manage my guild's farms, raid teams, etc.

When I test what I have so far on guilds WITHOUT spaces in their name, it works like a dream. But when I try a guild WITH spaces, it breaks, saying "The given key was not present in the dictionary".

Two test guilds that I have used are Illidan/Temperance and Illidan/Remnants of Chaos. Both of these are US realms.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. :D
private void loadButton_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
        {
            if (regionCombo.Text == "US")
            {
                client = new WowClient(Region.US);
            }
            if (regionCombo.Text == "EU")
            {
                client = new WowClient(Region.EU);
            }
            string guildName = guildTextBox.Text, realmName = realmTextBox.Text;
            bool getAllFields = true;
            var guild = client.GetGuild(realmName, guildName, getAllFields);
            foreach (GuildMembership member in guild.Members)
            {
                memberListBox.Items.Add(member.Character.Name);
            }
        }
Feb 8, 2013 at 3:51 PM
After further testing, it seems that the problem isn't the spaces, but that the guild is missing something that is requested when all fields are requested. When I ask for just a list of members, it works fine.
Feb 10, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Greetings,

Thanks a lot for finding this bug. This bug is related to retrieving guild news (which is included when you specify all). The guilds that was causing this exception were guilds having a "Guild Level Up" event which was not supported in the GuildNewsItemType enumeration. Apparently I did most of my testing with guilds that have been level 25 for a long time, so this bug went unnoticed for a long time.

I will fix this problem shortly and upload a new version. As a temporary fix, until I upload the new version, don't use the "guild news feed" for guilds have leveled up recently. Members, guild achievements and guild challenges should be working fine.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Best regards,
Sherif (aka Grendizer)
Feb 10, 2013 at 8:51 AM
I uploaded the new release (Version 1.3.4.0) which should fix this problem. You can either download it directly from this site or using nuget (Install-Package WOWSharp).

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Sherif