Mounts, Companions Query

Oct 6, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Hi,

thirst things thirst:

Thank you grendizer for this very nice API.

Everytime i try to query the Character Mounts and or Companions, I get a NullReferenceException.

The queried character has mounts and companions.

Therefore also querying the whole character data results in a  NullReferenceException.

I have to query each CharacterField execpt auf Mounts / Companions to get the rest of the character informations.

thanks for help :)

and sorry for my english

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Hello

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

The error you are getting should be fixed in version 1.2 which was just released today.

The reason for the error is because Blizzard changed the way companions and mounts are returned. In the past they used to be a list of integers containing the ids of the mounts and/or companions. Now Blizzard returns much more information (pet abilities, mount information, etc). The changes made by Blizzard caused all versions before 1.2 to result in the exception you mentioned.

To accommodate for changes done by Blizzard, I added new classes to added information. The Companions property for character is now called Pets. The old property called pets is now called HunterPets. There is additional property called PetsSlots as well. The Blizzard API had the same changes as well.

Best regards,

Sherif (aka Grendizer)