Guilds?

Dec 17, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Is it that the library is obsolete why i get many lists as null instead of their actual value or has it never worked in the first place?

Coordinator
Dec 19, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Edited Dec 19, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Hello

Thanks a lot for your feedback about the library. The library is not obsolete. I am updating it regularly with the most recent update having most of the changes that happened with Mists of Pandaria launch. Can you please be more specific about the bugs you encountered?

Unfortunately your post is not providing any information about which part you are having problems with other than the word "Guilds" in the title. So I am making assumptions about your problem.

The GetGuild method has 3 overloads:

public Guild GetGuild(string realm, string guildName)

public Guild GetGuild(string realm, string guildName, bool getAllFields)

public Guild GetGuild(string realm, string guildName, GuildFields fieldsToRetrieve)

The first overload will retrieve only basic guild information without any extra information (This is where the list of members, achievements, news, etc will be null). I am assuming you are using this overload.

The second overload has an additional parameter (gellAllFields). If that parameter is false it will be the same as calling the first overload. If the value is true, it will retrieve all possible information.

The third overload allows you to specify which fields to retieve from GuildFields Enumeration. Possible values are None, Members, Achievements, News, Challenge and All. You can also use bitwise OR between enumeration members. For example you can use GuildFields.Members | GuildFields.Achievements to retrieve members and achievements without retrieving the rest of data.

When you use the appropriate overload, the corresponding lists should be populated with the data retrieved properly. The GetCharacter method works similarly.

I am not claiming that this library is 100% bug free, so please if you find any bugs, report them to me with sample code for how to reproduce the bug and expected and actual results. I will try to fix any bugs reported. I am currently unaware of any bugs.

Best regards,

Sherif